Thursday, February 5, 2009

In The Garage ... 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee

These things are ridiculously popular.
There's no fewer than 5 in the parking lot where I live.
So what's to love about these things?
At first sight, it's a little cramped for an SUV. Half of it seems a utilitarian, the other half is distinctly Chrysler.
Things rattle and come apart a little too easily. It feels a little unstable, and I don't think that I'd want this car in my garage for very long.
But still, these things are really popular and I think I know why: I just like it.
It's a little fun to drive, it's big, and it seems like a car that you can run and run and run. I see more early 90s Grand Cherokees on the road than anything else.
First Impressions: Big, yet small ... Engine seems pretty decent ... Sucks fuel down ... Comfy seats (good work Chrysler) ... SatNav works half the time ... I'm glad Chrysler included an iPod interface, but it doesn't seem to work very well ... Looks good ... Rear end feels like it can come out.
What the girlfriend says: Hasn't said anything yet, but considering she owns a Jeep, I would imagine it'll be favorable.
On The iPod: 9th Wonder — Dream Merchant Vol. 2 
9th Wonder - The Dream Merchant 2
9th Wonder needs a new album, this was too good to let us hanging

No comments:

Post a Comment