Thursday, January 15, 2009

In the garage ... 2009 Lexus IS 250

Well, if it's good enough for my uncle, it's gotta be good enough for me right? 
I mean, my uncle, probably the most calculating, patient person I've ever known waited for like a year so Lexus could make the car he wanted EXACTLY.
So it stands to reason that a man that drove a Mazda for six presidential administrations would know what he's talking about.
And if its bigger brother, the ES350 — damn near a perfect car, is any indication then this can't suck.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Maybe a little underpowered for my taste. It gets up and go, but it feels like a little four-banger in there. I haven't checked the specs yet, but it might suffer from a bit of the "slows," the 350 could solve this problem ... Trying to figure out what the sport shift really does. Doesn't add the punch I hoped it would ...  The paddle shifters are worthwhile ... Good ergonomics ... Haven't cornered much of anything more difficult than an exit ramp, but it feels tighter than a drum ... Rear visibility isn't much to write home about ... Why haven't I bought a Toyota yet? These cars feel like they'll run to the ends of the earth ... Attractive lines, small package, not unlike a supermodel ... 
WHAT THE GIRLFRIEND SAYS: "It smells like a new car ... "
ON THE IPOD: Kay & Nicolay "Time: Line" Nicolay & Kay - Time:Line - Time:Line Smooth hip hop from the Dutch master. Check it out, Nicolay doesn't get near enough play.

No comments:

Post a Comment